I was asking Faron for the recipe from the package, but it was super easy so I will just reproduce it here from memory.
- 1 lb. ziti or penne
- 8 oz. sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 small or medium onion
- 6 tbsp. butter
- 16 oz. crushed tomatoes
- Salt & pepper
- Boil water in a large pot; add pasta and cook according to package directions until al dente.
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan and pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop or dice onion. Melt the butter in a medium skillet and toss the onions in. Cook until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes to the onion mixture and cook several minutes more.
- Shred the cheese into a small plate or bowl.
- When pasta and tomato-onion mixture are done, toss the ingredients with salt and pepper to taste in the greased pan. Add half of the cheese mixture and toss once more; then sprinkle remaining cheese on top of the pasta.
- Bake for 50 minutes.