Saturday, January 23, 2010

Bleu cheese & walnut pizza

Today we had a pizza / Star Trek party with some of my law school friends, and I made a battery of delicious pizzas, some of which I've made before. For main dishes, I made spicy chicken sausage pizza, roasted garlic pizza, and pesto pizza. For dessert, I thought maybe I'd try something interesting: bleu cheese, walnut, & honey pizza.

You start with, of course, Wolfgang Puck's pizza dough - the only dough I use. Then, I covered it with crumbled bleu cheese, then walnuts, then more crumbled bleu cheese. I drizzled a bit of honey on it, then put it in the oven on my awesome pizza stone.


After ten minutes of baking, the dough was warm and crispy, and I poured on more honey.


Gah! So good! I love this combination of ingredients on Triscuits - it's one of my all-time favorite snacks - and I knew it would be awesome warmed up on pizza dough. I'll have to keep this one in mind for future desserts at parties!

No comments: