Thursday, April 1, 2010

Seasonal produce chart

Well, it's a truly beautiful spring day, and being that it's my birthday, I've decided to give everybody a present: I have created a produce chart that shows when fruits and vegetables are in season, and you can find it right here!


Yes, I'm a dork, so I color-coded everything. If you would like me to send you a copy of the original Excel file, which prints better, let me know and I can e-mail it to you. This is based on the seasonal produce information found in Eat This, Not That: The Supermarket Survival Guide.

Happy spring!!

13 comments:

Embee Breedlove said...

Your chart is GORGEOUS. Do the colors mean anything, or are they just decorative??

Valerie said...

Thanks! I just color-coded the chart according to the most common color of the fruit or vegetable. I'm a dork.

Heather said...

Love the chart, but tomatoes in May where you are? just not possible. Is the CSA slipping in some from another farm?

Valerie said...

Totally agreed, Heather, with regard to northern Midwest produce. As I said in the last paragraph of the post, the chart is based on general nationwide fruit and vegetable production from a book.

Heather said...

lol. Oh! I'm updating the In Season list for Locavore mobile app. I got thrown for a minute by this one.

Kristen said...

Valerie- Could I take you up on getting the seasonal chart in excel? My email is kcollaloha@hotmail.com.

Thanks a bunch! Love it!!!!
Kristen

Em said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa Miller said...

Hi,

I'd like to share your chart with my students at a cooking school. Do you mind? Could you send the excel version.

Thanks!
Lisa
lisa@kitchenonfire.com

Lisa Miller said...

Hi,

I'd like to share your chart with my students at a cooking school. Do you mind? Could you send the excel version.

Thanks!
Lisa
lisa@kitchenonfire.com

My Blog said...

Great chart! Can you send me a copy when you have a chance?

Thanks so much!
hubbard.wj@gmail.com

Karma Kitty said...

I saw your chart on StumbleUpon. Please send a copy to tonivanston@mac.com.

Thanks!

PlainJane said...

I LOVE Your Chart! May I have a copy!

pbafarm@gmail.com

Thanks!

Nanpan said...

Just seeing this. Can I get one please jasondbloom@gmail.com