Saturday, October 16, 2010

Baked acorn squash

Squash weekend continues with baked acorn squash from my CSA. This is maybe the easiest dessert ever, although I'm sure it could be a nice side dish if you used savory spices instead of sweet.

Basically, you cut an acorn squash in half, which is a lot easier than cutting a butternut squash in half, if I do say so myself. Then you put it face-down on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 min. I added a little butter to mine (a tablespoon, halved between the two pieces) as well as cinnamon and brown sugar.


I'm sure you could make a very nice side dish by adding cumin, salt, etc., and I bet you could even use these as little bowls for risotto or pilaf.

With butternut squash gnocchi and summer squash bread last night, and the baked acorn squash tonight, my weekend of squash is complete. Probably will do some kind of potato dish tomorrow, as I have some nice new and purple potatoes in my cupboard!

No comments: