Sunday, November 21, 2010

Gingered carrots

My family had pre-Thanksgiving today, and I contributed Brussels sprouts and gingered carrots, a recipe from my winter CSA. Normally, I just like to cut up carrot slices and eat them raw, but I needed a way to use up my huge bag of carrots.

You take six carrots, peel if desired, and chop them into 1/2-inch coins. Toss with 3/4 tsp. salt, 1/8 tsp. pepper, 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice (I used a half lemon), and 1/2 tsp. ground ginger. Put into a 1 quart baking dish and dot with 2 tbsp. butter. Bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour.


These carrots were lovely and a very colorful addition to our pre-Thanksgiving plate. They were a little less cooked than they probably should have been, because they weren't at the full 400 degrees for most of their cooking time, but they were still wonderfully sweet and warm.

No comments: