Sunday, December 26, 2010

Coconut macaroons

This year, my parents hosted the family Christmas party, and my mom asked me to do some chocolate-covered strawberries. These are usually a hit, but I was thinking of what I could make for dinner to accompany the fruit. While I am not a fan of coconut, almost my entire family is, so I decided to do Ina's coconut macaroons.

The macaroons are pretty simple - just shredded coconut, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and whipped egg whites. Scooped onto the baking sheet and baked, they turned out pretty good.


Some of the dollops were a little weepy, but I chipped off the drippy parts and covered them in chocolate, so I think I was forgiven.

And just in case you were curious, here's how the strawberries and marshmallows turned out.


Mmm. So Christmas was good, and we definitely had a great spread. Everyone loved the strawberries and macaroons, so my foray into coconut was not for naught.

No comments: