Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Dinner rolls

I forgot to blog this at Thanksgiving, so here it is now: dinner rolls.

The dough is simple enough; kind of an eggy white bread. The weird part was dividing it into little balls to make the rolls. I had to divide it into some multiple of 9, and then form little balls and put them into clover-shaped bunches in a cupcake pan.


They needed the same temperature as the sweet potato casserole, I think, so it wasn't a problem to bake them. But the problem is they didn't look done on top (even though they were) and the pan part got a little over-brown because I left them in too long.


But they were still really good, and they made nice mini-ham and turkey sandwiches the next day. Everyone thought the homemade bread was a nice addition to the Thanksgiving table, although the croissants I made the next morning kind of eclipsed the rolls. Oh well!

No comments: