Monday, June 6, 2011

Chocolate peanut butter cups

I have been a bit remiss in posting over the last few weeks, mostly due to being very busy and very tired from all the Avon Walk training. Now that that is over, I'll still be busy, but I'm going to try to do at least one new post a week. The hubs is out of town for a few days this week, so I'm going to make some delicious chocolate-centered comfort foods for myself.

The first treat is a recipe for chocolate peanut butter cups. I saw this recipe in the Trib as a promotion for Alicia Silverstone's new vegan cookbook. I didn't make it vegan, but I did try to use quality ingredients.

You melt some fake butter (or real Dutch butter, in my case) and then mix in crunchy peanut butter, crushed graham crackers, and maple sugar (or regular sugar). This results in a sloshy mix that you pour into cupcake liners two tablespoons at a time.


Then you melt some chocolate and fake milk. I actually did use chocolate soy milk for this, and my measurements of the chocolate might have been a little off, but oh well. It looked chocolatey.


Then you pour the chocolate on top of the peanut butter and sprinkle with chopped nuts. In my case, I used some leftover sliced almonds.


These are chilling in the fridge right now, and I'm really looking forward to having one. Each one is 300 calories if you do it vegan style, which doesn't bode well for my definitely-not-vegan version.

No comments: