Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pumpkin chocolate chip muffins

My dinner last night was some of the same old delicious sweet potato fries I've been making and loving for the past year or two, but I figured I'd use up some of my frozen pumpkin puree. I've got to clean out the freezer to make room for more pumpkin and butternut squash puree!

So I decided to do pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, another recipe from the CSA newsletter.


  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/8 tsp. ginger
  • 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 8 oz. (1 cup) pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 canola oil
  • 6 oz. dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350. Place muffin wrappers in muffin tin (recipe makes 1 dozen) and set aside.

Sift flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt together in a medium mixing bowl.

Mix eggs, sugar, pumpkin, and oil in a small bowl. Fold the wet mixture into the flour mixture, but do not overmix because muffins will become tough. Stir in the chocolate chips.

Portion evenly into muffin tins and bake for 20 min.

These were very tasty and very smooth. It is kind of strange to have the chocolate chips in the muffin - I kept thinking there were lumps - but they added a really nice bittersweet flavor to the muffins. I need to make muffins more often.

No comments: