Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Creamed mushrooms

Gotta get rid of some veggies before we head out of town for Christmas, so I thought I'd make some buttered potatoes with creamed mushrooms. I've already made the potatoes on this blog before, but I'll explain the mushrooms.

You wipe down the mushrooms, discard the stems, and chop them up. Then cook them in butter and olive oil for a few minutes, then add onions and cook a few minutes more. Then you add some flour (I know I added too much - TSP is not the same as TBSP!) and mix in the cream, salt, and pepper.


This was another Julia Child recipe from "Mastering the Art of French Cooking." They were delicious, even with my extra flour, and Dave was groaning and asking for seconds. I thought all the earthy flavors went really well with my Beaujolais Nouveau, too!

No comments: