Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Scallops provencal

This is one from Ina's Barefoot in Paris cookbook, which I had forgotten how much I loved.  Scallops provençal.


The scallops are easy - just sauté in butter and then add the aromatics:  shallots, parsley, and garlic.  It really smelled amazing; Dave came downstairs and started ooh-ing and ahh-ing as soon as he smelled them.

I also wilted some kale and added as a side "salad," and to mop up the scallop butter.  I also happened to have some leftover naan, so I used that for mopping up as well.


I haven't really been much for cooking this year; not like usual, anyway.  I have been down about my dad's passing.  Eventually it will pick up again, I just don't have much energy for the kitchen these days.  Hopefully recipes like these scallops will help ignite my interest again...

No comments: