Sunday, August 31, 2008

Fast & easy creamy herb dips

It's Labor Day weekend and we're down at my parents' house, so I thought we could eat some cool veggies with some dip from the Appetizers chapter of Better Homes & Gardens. Today I made Creamy Dill Dip and Creamy Onion Dip.

As shown above, the onion dip (left) is a combination of sour cream, mayo, onion soup mix, and freshly snipped parsley. The dill dip (right) is a combination of sour cream, mayo, onion soup mix, dill, and salt.

Both dips were good with veggies, potato chips, and even as sandwich spreads. I also thought both dips were very quick to make, and definitely on the cheap.

Creamy Onion Dip


I especially liked the onion dip. As Dave said, it tasted like the store-bought kind, but fresher.

Creamy Dill Dip

Don't get me wrong, I liked the dill dip, too. I think a dollop of it would be especially good on top of cucumber cocktail sandwiches.

Tomorrow I have fixings for guacamole and chili con queso, so I think that'll be something to accompany barbecue chicken for lunch at my parents' place. So that's five recipes down out of several hundred. But five down out of twenty-one in the list of appetizers in Better Homes and Gardens. It's a beginning.

No comments: