Saturday, November 8, 2008

Chicken Paprikash

Since I'm done with appetizers, I've begun to branch out into other areas of Better Homes & Gardens. This represents the beginning of poultry: Chicken Paprikash.

Essentially you cook chicken, onions, and paprika together. Then, boil those ingredients together with broth and wine.


Remove chicken and place on top of a bed of noodles. Then add sour cream to the onion-paprika mixture, heat, and pour over chicken and noodles.


This seems to be a fairly eastern European dish. I liked it, and so did Dave. I cut the recipe in half, but I think next time I would make more sauce, because the noodles were a little dry with the amount of sauce in the recipe. However, the spicy black pepper and paprika were good with the chicken.

I'm excited to continue with the meat-oriented chapters because, to be honest, I don't know all that much about cooking meat. It has always grossed me out a little, and usually I have Dave help me with cutting up the raw stuff.

However, going through these chapters will not only help me learn new dishes to make, but also learn cooking techniques that work for all sorts of meat dishes. And yet again, that's what my journey is all about!

1 comment:

L said...

That looks so good! I love chicken dishes.