Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Chex Mix for Obama!

Well, it looks like the countdown of BH&G Appetizers will coincide with the election countdown. Let's hope the result of both are favorable!


I had never made Chex mix before, and it turns out it's pretty easy. This is also a bit of a strange version, because it contains quite a bit of "round toasted oat cereal," a.k.a. Cheerios. Everything else is pretty typical Chex mix: Chex cereal, nuts, and pretzels with Worcestershire sauce, salt, and other seasonings.


The recipe said to use a big roasting pan, but I happen to have a rather deep 9 x 13 in. pan, so I used that instead. It barely fit, but at least I didn't have to get a roasting pan. (I'm counting on getting one for free with Dominicks reward points, anyway.)

I wrapped up cup-size portions of the mix and bagged it up for an election day bake sale at school to benefit legal assistance funds.

The bake sale is themed to a battle of the political parties, so, of course, I wrapped mine up in shiny blue ribbon for the Democrats and Barack Obama.

Go blue! (And yay to me for finishing BH&G Appetizers!)

1 comment:

L said...

I think the blue table destroyed the red table. Thanks again for helping out!