Sunday, February 8, 2009

Chocolate chip cookies

I know, I know, I haven't posted for weeks. For shame!

Today I made chocolate chip cookies from the Mrs. Fields recipe. But not just any chocolate chip cookies.

OK, first, a word about chocolate chip recipes. I grew up on my mom's Nestle Tollhouse cookies, and that's a good recipe. But a few years ago I tried the recipe on the back of packages for Mrs. Fields cookies, and it blew my mind. So that is the recipe I now use.

Second, I made the regular cookies, yes. But I also made a big cookie.


Take a chunk of chocolate chip cookie dough and place in a small ceramic dish. (This is to prevent the cookie from spreading.) Bake until it sets up, but you don't want this baked all the way through. You want it warm and gooey in the center.

Divide into pieces, take out of the dish, and serve in a bowl or on a plate. Add ice cream and whatever other fixings you like - whipped cream, fudge, extra chocolate chips, or anything else delicious and evil.


I served the cookie in halves with chocolate ice cream. (The photos didn't come out that well - it just looks like plates of brown crap. But trust me, it was goooood.)

Dave and I tried this cookie-and-ice cream dessert at R.J. Grunts restaurant at the urging of my good buddy, Jen Faron. It was amazing.

Stay tuned for my Valentine's Day extravaganza of delicious French food.

No comments: