Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Crab Rangoon & White Chocolate Mousse

Tonight I made an odd combination - crab rangoon wontons and white chocolate mousse. (Separate courses, at least.)

Crab Rangoon

I knew I wanted to make the crab rangoon because I've been telling Dave about them for weeks. I found a recipe and got all the fixings together, but I didn't buy the wontons until today. The filling is a mixture of shredded crab, cream cheese, green onions, minced ginger, minced garlic, and soy sauce.

The recipe was easy, although some of the wontons exploded in the frying oil. Overall, though, I think they turned out nice:


White Chocolate Mousse

For dessert, I felt like making something from my Hershey, Pennsylvania Cookbook. I glanced through the book to see what sounded good, and I found white chocolate mousse.

It was a totally easy recipe; just melt some white chocolate, cream, and light corn syrup, then fold in some whipped cream (freshly whipped by yours truly, of course). It took about ten minutes to make, not including the time it took to cool down and then chill.

I served it in little glass bowls with berries on top:


It was amazing. The texture was perfect and the white chocolate flavor was wonderful. I would definitely make this again - in fact, I need to make more things from that cookbook. I think I saw something about chocolate risotto, and I know I saw some chocolate peanut butter bars. This could be just the thing to get me through my end-of-law-school blues.

No comments: