Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Rosemary cashews

With my upcoming trip to Paris, I have been spending more time than usual flipping through Barefoot in Paris. And, being in the middle of finals, I've been interested in recipes that I can munch on over the course of several days: like Rosemary Cashews.

This was a simple recipe, although chopping up the rosemary is no walk in the park. The whole thing takes about five minutes. You roast the cashews for five minutes, and while they're roasting, you measure out cayenne pepper, brown sugar, salt, and butter, and also chop up the rosemary. By the time you are done, the cashews are roasted and ready.

Mix up all ingredients and voila:


They were good warm, but the flavors strengthen as they cool and sit. Dave came home from class and said he was pleasantly surprised at how strong and tasty the flavors were.

I've got another recipe for roasted almonds from a tapas recipe book that my mom got me for my birthday, so I would like to try that. These would be super easy appetizers to put out for a party!

No comments: