Monday, June 1, 2009

Chocolate truffles

A bunch of my school friends are graduating, so I made chocolate truffles to give to one of them for her graduation party. Unfortunately they were too melty to give to her on the day of her party, but they firmed up overnight and I was able to give them to her today.


The truffle itself is made of ganache, in this case a mixture of chocolate chips, cream, honey, and butter. Then you roll the ganache into balls, and you can either cover the ganache balls in chocolate coating or you can roll them in cocoa powder.

This recipe came from the Hershey, Pennsylvania Cookbook; I'm not sure I'd make it again, because honestly the chocolate doesn't keep well at room temperature. But it is rich and delicious. I can see using this as a topping for cupcakes, maybe!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Calling these an "explosion" of chocolate is really understating what happens when you bite into them. It's like taking the very essence of chocolate, infusing it with chocolate, and then sprinkling chocolate on the top of it for good measure.

Obviously, they're absolutely fantastic, but it feels like chocolate slapping you in the face.