Friday, June 26, 2009

Maple-oatmeal scones


I made Ina Garten's maple-oatmeal scones from The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook for Bar/Bri study class today. They were pretty labor-intensive, but turned out really great.

The scones require copious amounts of butter - I'm kind of glad that the recipe is not available online, so you can't know how much butter is in it. But it's a lot. Luckily the recipe makes a lot of scones, so it's actually a relatively small amount of butter per scone, especially since I made them a little shorter than the recipe calls for.

The maple flavor was really good, and I definitely liked that this recipe has a lot of whole wheat flour and oats in it. (Makes you feel a little better about the butter!) But next time I make it I will definitely use a lot more flour when I roll it out - the dough is incredibly sticky.

Chalk up another great one to Ina!

No comments: