Saturday, October 24, 2009

Grilled salmon sandwiches

Tonight we had Rob and Diane over and had some delicious grilled salmon sandwiches from Ina Garten's Barefoot Contessa Parties.

The salmon couldn't be easier - just sautee or grill with olive oil, salt, and pepper. I picked up some wild salmon fillets again, which were ruby red and delicious.

The sauce is the really fun part of this dish - blend mayo, sour cream, white wine vinegar, dill, basil, scallions, capers, salt, and pepper. It was a green goddess-type dressing that we really enjoyed with the salmon.


I served the salmon on whole wheat buns on a bed of lettuce (with tomatoes for everyone but me). I also made a huge batch of sweet potato fries. Delicious and so healthy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've been remiss about commenting, but I just wanted to express how quickly I inhaled this sandwich and fries. When can we have this again? :)