Friday, July 30, 2010

Roasted pepper & goat cheese sandwiches

I have tons of green peppers right now, from three sources, in fact: my CSA, my parents' garden, and the Daley Center farmers' market. Oy! That's a lotta peppas. So I decided to make a variation of Ina's roasted pepper & goat cheese sandwiches. Ina uses red peppers, but this time I'm using green.


So you buy some ciabatta and cut it in sandwich-size slices, then spread with goat cheese. I used a version infused with Italian herbs. Then you roast some peppers, either on the stove top or in the oven, and spread the sandwich with the peppers. Then spread with onion slices and basil, and you have a lovely little sandwich.




The tang of the goat cheese and the bitterness of the peppers was really good, especially with the freshness of the basil. I loved this sandwich, and I'll definitely be buying more ciabatta from Whole Foods. (I usually make all my own bread, but I'll make an exception for this one! Plus, I have no ciabatta recipe at the moment.) I'll be making some more of these sandwiches in order to use up all my green peppers...

No comments: