Thursday, February 3, 2011

Tarragon potato salad

I still have a lot of potatoes, and we're still sort of snowed in, so I just worked with what I had and decided to make a potato salad. Ina's potato salads are always tasty, and since I had a bunch of fresh tarragon on hand, I decided to make a new recipe from Ina's new book, "Barefoot Contessa: How Easy is That?"

The method for cooking the potatoes is the same - boil for 15-20 minutes in salt water, then steam for 10 minutes in a colander. While that is steaming, you mix mayonnaise, fresh lemon juice, white wine vinegar, and pepper, and also chop some dill, red onion, tarragon, and scallions. (I didn't have any scallions, so I just used extra red onion.) When the potatoes are done, you mix it all together and let it sit for a bit.


I served it warm, though I didn't quite wait the 30 minutes that Ina recommends for the flavor to fully meld. It was very zesty anyway.

No comments: