Friday, February 4, 2011

Pineapple upside-down cake

It was a coworker's birthday today, so I made pineapple upside-down cake by request. I had made it once before, for a friend's luau, so I knew I had a recipe in my BH&G binder.

First you melt butter in a round pan, then mix with brown sugar and a little pineapple juice. Then you arrange some pineapples and maraschino cherries in the pan and pour the batter on top. It would probably be easier if you made the batter in advance, but oh well. It's a regular white cake batter except with some pineapple juice inside.

It comes out nice and purty:


My coworker enjoyed it heartily; in fact I know he ate more than 60% of the cake before the end of the work day. I guess other coworkers are watching their waist lines... I had a slice and it was OK, but basically the same as I remember: not as moist as you'd expect, but very sweet.

No comments: