Saturday, June 25, 2011

Sautéed asparagus and eggs

Well, it's asparagus season, so I've been getting a bunch in each of my first two CSA deliveries of the season. But it's too hot now to justify turning on my oven for my favorite cooking method - roasting - so I decided to start sauteing the stalks. So far it's been working well.

I chop them into bite-sized lengths and cook with butter and olive oil over medium-low heat. This time, I also added some chopped red onion and baby garlic tops.


I cooked some CSA eggs with chopped CSA kale, and we ate them side by side with Triscuits and habañero Muenster cheese from the Swiss Colony outlet store.


A very good breakfast! Sautéing the asparagus not only gives off less heat in the house, but it's much quicker. I'm told I also should try steaming the asparagus, but I like the taste of roasting and sautéing better.

No comments: