Friday, June 24, 2011

Salmon tacos with strawberry salsa

I got some beautiful little Amish strawberries in my CSA this week, so I decided to use them to make the recipe suggested by the newsletter: strawberry salsa.


Chop the following ingredients and stir together:
  • 3/4 cup strawberries, small-diced
  • 1/2 tomato, small-diced
  • 2 tbsp. diced red onion
  • 1/4 Serrano chili, minced (I did not use because we had a guest that does not do spicy)
  • 1 tbsp. cilantro or mint, finely chopped
  • 1 tsp. lime juice
We bought some beautiful wild Alaskan sockeye salmon from Trader Joe's and served the fish with the salsa and some kale in whole wheat tortillas.


It was very tasty, and I think I will try the Serrano chili next time. I love summer!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I picked up 2 quarts of strawberries at the Farmer's Market and made a strawberry galette with basil whipped cream. The boyfriend took it on a weekend trip with him. I'm waiting on reports about the receipe before I recommend it. But I still have some strawberries left - must do this salsa! Did you use both mint and cilantro or did you pick one?

Valerie said...

Ooh, that sounds awesome! I would love the recipe; strawberry and basil is a great combo.

I used cilantro because I wanted it to be more savory.