Thursday, June 16, 2011

Return of CSA!

My CSA box returned this week with some gorgeous produce to start my season.


There was this gorgeous red leaf lettuce, kale, Swiss chard, garlic scapes, asparagus, and some herbs to plant. Definitely heavy on greens this time, but of course that changes as the summer goes on.

I took about half of the lettuce, some kale, and some chard, and chopped up a nice salad with smoked Gouda and avocados. Oh, and some potato and onion pierogi.


It was very good. Over time, I've come to enjoy this combo of hearty with light; neutral with tart; soft with crispy. I took the other half of the lettuce, along with more kale, and chopped it up for my lunch tomorrow. The people at work make fun of me for my huge salads, but oh well. My CSA always helps me eat my veggies!

No comments: