Sunday, June 12, 2011

Strawberry jaboulet ice cream

I'll keep this post brief, because today's ice cream is the exact same as yesterday's - except with a half cup of red wine reduction.


This is a variation recipe from my book, and the wine you use is supposed to be cabernet, but I happened to have some jaboulet on hand, so that's what I used. You take two cups and reduce until it's about a half a cup. You mix it into the strawberry puree before you add it to the ice cream, and as a result, your ice cream is a bit redder, a bit darker than plain strawberry ice cream.


It also added a bit of a tang and an extra dimension. I really liked this, probably more than plain strawberry.

I've got to watch myself - all this ice cream and I'm going to undo all the weight loss that Dave and I have fought for in the past few years!

No comments: