Sunday, October 2, 2011

Hot sauce

I picked a bunch of hot peppers at Susie's Garden Patch about a month and a half ago, and this pepper mash has been sitting on my counter for the past four weeks or so. It was doing some creepy things, like instead of the water rising to the top and covering the mash with an airtight seal, the mash floated and burped air pockets. But eventually it came together again.

I strained it, heated it with vinegar, and put it in a small jar. I will probably have a good time serving this with eggs or tacos.


I was straining this while Dave did the dishes, and I think this stuff kind of hurt his eyes. It is dangerous and I wouldn't be surprised to see that it had eaten through the jar and ran off or something. It's going in the basement where only the bunny can stop it...

No comments: