Thursday, June 21, 2012

Kale, apple, & chickpea salad

This is another one from the CSA, so I'm going to type out the entire thing in this post, and you'll thank me, because it is delicious.  And maybe one of the healthiest dishes that has ever come out of my kitchen!


Salad ingredients

  • 1 bunch kale, shredded
  • 1 avocado, diced
  • 1 apple, diced
  • 3 radishes, thinly sliced
  • 2 green onions, finely chopped
  • 2 tbsp. raisins (I omitted)
  • 2 tbsp. chopped walnuts
  • 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed

Dressing ingredients


  • 2 tbsp. Greek yogurt
  • 1 tbsp. tahini
  • Juice of 1/2 a lime
  • 1/2 tsp. cumin
  • Pinch of salt and pepper
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 1 tbsp. fresh ginger
  • pinch cinnamon
  • splash vanilla (I omitted)

Directions


  1. Prepare all salad ingredients and place into a large mixing bowl and set aside.  
  2. In the small bowl of a food processor, add all the dressing ingredients and process until smooth.  Add dressing to salad and toss to combine.
  3. Serve immediately.  (You can also keep this refrigerated, but I liked the room temperature taste much better than the chilled taste.)
I omitted the raisins and vanilla because I wanted mine to be more savory than sweet.  Dave added some craisins to his and liked it.  I served this with a local seyval blanc that I think I kept for too long, because it is very strong, almost port-tasting.  Oh well.

No comments: