Friday, June 22, 2012

Quinoa radish salad

Last night I made another CSA recipe:  quinoa radish salad!




I served mine atop a bed of kale, and Dave's with a small turkey sandwich.  Don't worry, I only ate about half of that huge pile.  I'm having the rest today for dinner.



  • 1/2 cup quinoa
  • 1 bunch radishes, scrubbed, trimmed, and thinly sliced
  • 3 scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
  • 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
  • 3 tbsp. lime juice
  • 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
  • 1 tbsp. honey
  • 2 tsp. ground cumin
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 6-8 tbsp. olive oil (I found that 6 was plenty)
There were a bunch of instructinos for washing the quinoa, but I don't do that.  If you want to do that, just rinse them for a while in a sieve.

Combine radishes, scallions, and parsley in a large bowl.  Toss to mix.

In a small bowl, combine lime juice, vinegar, honey, cumin, salt, and pepper and whisk together.  Drizzle in olive oil, whisking and tasting as you go, until the dressing reaches a taste and consistency that you like.  Taste and adjust spices as necessary.

Add quinoa to radishes and toss to mix.  Add about half of the dressing, mix well, and continue to add dressing to your taste.  (I used it all and that was a little too much.)

Serve alone as a side salad, or on top of greens, such as shredded kale, as a main dish.

Done and done!  It was delicious, maybe a little oily, but that is my own damn fault for pouring in all that delicious dressing.

No comments: