Sunday, January 6, 2013

Indian breakfast

I decided it was time to make another delicious recipe from Vegan Indian Cooking - Anupy's tofu scramble!  But first, I have to show off my finally-filled masala dabba:


That's cumin seeds in the middle, and around the edge are garam masala, chili powder, ground coriander, black mustard seeds, turmeric, and pink Himalayan salt.

I used three of the items in the dabba to make the tofu scramble, which is easy and fast.  First, you cook some cumin seeds in oil, then add onions, peppers, and the turmeric.  Then you crumble some extra firm tofu, mix in some red chili powder and pink salt, and you have a delicious scramble that you wouldn't even know aren't eggs.



This is much more heart-healthy than using eggs, and it was very tasty and spicy.  I put mine in a roti that I bought from a local Indian grocer.

Sometime soon, I feel like I need to bust out the Crock Pot to make another curry...

No comments: