Sunday, January 18, 2009

Herb-Marinated Pork Tenderloin

It's time for another recipe from Ina Garten's new book, Back to Basics. This time it's Herb-Marinated Pork Tenderloin, a fantastic little recipe that took surprisingly little work.

Number one, marinate the pork tenderloin. (I had to cut it in half so I could fit it in the Ziploc bag.)


This tasty marinade is a mix of lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper.

Then you grill the tenderloin:


Oh man, I cannot describe how awesome that smelled. Really, the marinade was 10 minutes to prepare, and it did most of the work. Leave it to Ina.

Cut and serve:


I served the pork tenderloin slices with steamed green beans. It was awesome. Dave was very vocal about his enjoyment of the pork; sometimes I think my pseudo-vegetarian diet is too much for him, and in those times, he just needs a big chunk of red (or reddish) meat.

Anyway, pork tenderloin is a really lean meat that is soft and delicious. I need to make more of it.

2 comments:

L said...

Oh man, I love pork tenderloin. Although I usually punk out and buy it premarinated. If you know of any good homemade marinades that would be good with bacon wrapped pork loin, let me know.

Valerie said...

My pork tenderloin needs no bacon!