Sunday, March 29, 2009

Garlic butter scallops

The recipe for dinner tonight didn't involve any recipes - I pretty much made it up - but it was still really tasty, so I figured it was worthy of a blog post.


I bought these frozen scallops at the supermarket, because I don't cook all that much meat at home and I figure I could use some more protein. I defrosted the scallops, then sauteed some minced garlic in a pan. I tossed the thawed scallops into the butter mixture and flipped for a couple of minutes. I tossed with some Old Bay seasoning and that was that.

Seriously, the whole thing took about five minutes. Serve with carrots, buttered corn, and dried fruit and you have yourself a pretty health little dinner. I'm going to have to keep getting these scallops; it even makes me think I might be able to cook shrimp for Dave, although I can't really have any due to allergies.

So that was that - this week I hope to add some more recipes to the blog, maybe a post on homemade pizza.

No comments: