Saturday, December 12, 2009

Anadama bread

Very few of my friends requested specific breads in my bread challenge, so when my law school friend Joe requested anadama bread, I had to oblige! I was going over to his house for a knitting lesson today, so I baked the bread yesterday and brought it with.

The bread is basically a molasses bread with some cornmeal in it. I hate the smell of raw molasses, but it really seems to make the bread soft.


Joe grilled the slices and made delicious organic turkey sandwiches!


Look at those beautiful things. It was very good, and I'll have to do this more often. I have been making a lot of sandwiches with my baked bread, and it gives me hope that I could do this permanently, as opposed to buying preservative-laden bread from the supermarket. It's delicious and fresh my way, not to mention probably cheaper and definitely more fun!

No comments: