Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Barbecue pork meatballs

I was in Whole Foods for some sesame seeds, and I saw some ground pork that looked pretty delicious. I wondered what I would do with it, and then it came to me: BBQ pork meatballs.

I based the meatball method on my recipe for Swedish meatballs:
  1. Sautee aromatics in butter or olive oil. (In this case, onions, poblano pepper, and garlic.)
  2. Mix aromatics, egg, bread crumbs, and cream; then mix in meat. (In this case, ground pork.)
  3. Form meatballs and sautee in a melted tablespoon of butter.
  4. Remove meatballs and make sauce. (In this case, poblano peppers, chili peppers in adobo sauce, and barbecue sauce.)
  5. Put meatballs back in pan, cover, and cook until done.
By the time it really got going, it looked and smelled amazing.


I whipped up my new favorite fall recipe, sweet potato fries, and served all of it with extra barbecue sauce for dipping.


Yeah. Doesn't this look like it should be served in a red basket at some amazing dive barbecue joint? This was a delicious recipe, and I'm proud that I improvised it. My mouth is still on fire, but I'm ready for more tomorrow. Leftovers!!

No comments: