Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Pasta with sun-dried tomatoes

Time for another delicious recipe from Ina Garten, although it's another one from the only book I don't own - pasta with sun-dried tomatoes.

I started with a half a pound of whole wheat rotini, then tossed it with chopped kalamata olives, chopped mozzarella cheese, chopped sun-dried tomatoes, and crushed tomatoes.


Then, once you've put it on the plate, you make a sort of sauce/tapenade with sun-dried tomatoes, capers, red wine vinegar, black pepper, and olive oil. You run all that through the blender and then pour it over your pasta. Then, as if that wasn't delicious enough, you top it with chopped basil and shredded Parmesan cheese (I used Pecorino).


How amazing is this! It was very zippy, and I liked it a lot. I think you're supposed to serve it cold or room-temperature, but I liked it warm. There's another hit for you, Ina!

No comments: