Sunday, July 18, 2010

Chocolate peanut butter cupcakes

For my friend's fortieth birthday party yesterday, I decided to surprise her with some chocolate peanut-butter-filled cupcakes. This is another one from Martha.

The cupcakes have a melted-chocolate batter that is incredibly rich and delicious. The peanut butter filling is similar to a peanut butter frosting I've used from Ina.

Martha has a very specific method for filling these. Two tablespoons of batter, one tablespoon of filling, then another tablespoon of batter, then one teaspoon of filling. Then swirl it around with a toothpick.

Amazingly, or, I guess, unsurprisingly, the batter and filling are exactly enough. Oh, that Martha.

Here's what they look like when they're done, all swirled and beautiful:


Ina's chocolate peanut butter cupcakes are chocolate cupcakes that are frosted with peanut butter icing. I like these recipes equally, though Martha's are easier to transport. (But Ina's are easier to make.) At any rate, I have realized that Martha does some amazing stuff, and you can also be Martha-like, as long as you do exactly as she says.

Anyhow, my friend really liked these, and I saved one for myself this morning, and it was really good. But then, chocolate and peanut butter has always been a favorite flavor combo for me.

No comments: