Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Green Goddess salad dressing

My CSA produce box has been filled with a lot of leafy greens lately, so I thought it was time to make a new salad. I've always wanted to try Ina's Green Goddess dressing, and I had all the ingredients on hand (well, almost all...)

The salad dressing is mayo (I use olive oil mayo), basil, scallions, garlic, lemon juice, and sour cream (I use Smart Balance). Ina also calls for anchovy paste, but I decided against it, especially as I would have to buy a whole tube (and have it in my kitchen indefinitely) just for the 1 tsp. I would need for my half-recipe.

Mix all of these ingredients in a blender and serve atop a large salad! Ina recommends serving over a few wedges of Bibb lettuce with tomatoes, but I went a different route: chopped baby greens, chopped kale, sauteed wild Alaskan salmon, and shredded clover-honey cheese.


Yeahhhhh! It was awesome. And I've got some dressing left over in the fridge for another salad this week. I've been making my own salad dressings for a while, but they're usually vinaigrettes. This was a nice, creamy change of pace.

No comments: