Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Beet chips

A friend recently made beet chips for a Halloween movie marathon, and I enjoyed them so much that I thought I'd use up some of my own beets with the same recipe.

It's pretty easy: slice your beets into very thin disks, as thin as you can slice them. Place them on a cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil, black pepper, and salt.


I can see now why beets would be appropriate for a Halloween movie marathon - just look at how my cutting board, knife, and hand looked after I finished slicing them.


No, I didn't cut myself, that's all beet juice. Yipes.

Bake at 350 degrees, according to the recipe I used, although I think I could have gone a little higher. I ate them before I remembered to take a picture, so this is yet another recent post that shall go photo-less. But they bake up thinner and crispier, and I greatly enjoy them.

No comments: