Monday, November 1, 2010

Blondie cupcakes

I hosted my women lawyers' mentoring circle tonight, so last night I thought I'd make a treat for people to munch on. I've been trying not to go to the grocery store at all in the last few weeks of moving and packing, so the ingredients around the apartment are kind of scarce. But I had everything - or almost everything - to make blondie cupcakes from Martha Stewart's cupcake book.

I'm sure you've heard of "blondies," basically like brownies but with elements like vanilla, butterscotch, and brown sugar rather than chocolate. Martha makes these blondie cupcakes with tons of butterscotch chips, cashews, and toffee bits. I didn't have the latter two, so I used sliced almonds instead of cashews, and more butterscotch chips instead of toffee bits.

The batter was really heavy, being butter, brown sugar, vanilla, eggs, flour, baking powder, and salt. And the butterscotch chips.


They turned out pretty good - they look kind of over-browned on top, but the center is still moist, so I guess I didn't do too badly. I'd try the toffee chips next time though. Sorry, Martha!

No comments: