Sunday, April 10, 2011

Asian cabbage stir-fry

My Fresh Picks box came with some cabbage on Friday, so that makes three total heads of cabbage in my fridge. It was time to take action.

I decided to do the Fresh Picks suggested recipe: cabbage stir-fry. Here's how I did it, and it was totally easy and delicious.

The hardest part is shredding a whole head of cabbage. That's a lot of cabbage. Once you're done shredding it, add to a wok pan and heat with 1 tbsp. sesame oil.


As that is cooking, shred some carrots and then add when the cabbage begins to become warm and translucent. When all the veggies seem warm and soft, but not completely cooked to mush, toss with 1 clove minced garlic, 1 tsp. sesame seeds (I used more), 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes, and soy sauce (I think 1 tsp).


We ate this at my parents' house with steaks and baked potatoes. Delicious. I was really happy with it, and I definitely will make more of this with my two remaining heads of cabbage. With all the vegetables, raw garlic, sesame, and red pepper flakes, this is super healthy.

No comments: