Monday, April 18, 2011

Popcorn


I've had these adorable little popcorn kernels since my winter CSA. (Yes, they are multi-colored.) I received them as about six or seven little dried ears of corn, at which time I pried them off of their ears and put them in a canister to await popping. I received a recipe from my CSA at the time that they sent the popcorn, but I couldn't readily find that e-mail, so popcorn fell by the wayside for some time.

It's a little known fact that my husband hates popcorn. He is generally a very adventurous eater, but he truly hates less than five things, and one of them is popcorn. So what with misplacing the recipe and Dave hating it, I haven't gotten to pop the corn yet.

Until now.

I found this recipe online, which shows you how to pop the corn in a wok or pot. I still felt hungry after dinner tonight, so I decided to go for it.

The recipe is simple: heat 2-3 tbsp. of oil in a covered pan with only one popcorn kernel. When that kernel pops, you can pour 1 cup in. (I halved the recipe.) Here's what happened when my corn got going.


I think this might be the first video I've posted to the food blog! Enjoy.

The corn looked a little dry, so I tossed with some black pepper, olive oil, and parmigiano reggiano.


Even Dave tried it, and he said it was as good as popcorn could be. I did not mind polishing it off myself!

No comments: