Monday, August 29, 2011

Craisy oatmeal cookies

I've had this recipe in my inbox since Christmas, from the Food Network's 12 Days of Cookies. Guy Fieri's Craisy Oatmeal Cookies - craisins, oatmeal, and butter. What could be bad?

First you cream butter and brown sugar, then mix in honey, vanilla, and eggs. At this point, you stir in coconut and cranberry raisins, but I hate coconut and skipped it. I also used dried cherries instead of cranberries, but I figured it didn't really matter. Then fold in a mixture of flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.

Form into balls and bake:


They baked up big, beautiful, and delicious:


They were pretty chewy, at least definitely more chewy than the Better Homes & Gardens recipe I tried, but I guess that's what two sticks of butter will do! I mailed these, along with some pumpkin muffins, to some ailing or homesick folks I know. Hopefully they will turn some frowns upside down!

No comments: