Thursday, August 4, 2011

Zucchini & cannelini

I really don't know what to call this dish. It's just a tasty melange of classic Italian flavors, and a chance for me to use up CSA veggies!

Sauté two cloves of garlic, minced, in a large sauce pan. I used some of the delicious garlic I've been hanging to cure in my kitchen. Then you toss in one diced tomato, about a pound of diced zucchini (three small ones is what I used), and a can of cannelini beans. Toss in the olive oil and sauté until slightly softened, about 3-5 min. Toss with some chopped olives, black pepper, and basil and you have yourself a zesty little summer treat!


There are some other things that the recipe suggested that I will probably use next time, like lemon peel, but I really liked this just the way it was, and I'm not even that big a zucchini person. (Or a tomato person. I hate tomatoes.) Score another one for the CSA newsletter: the recipes are really amazing this year.

No comments: