Sunday, July 31, 2011

Punjabi-style cabbage

The recipe testing continues with this glorious one: Punjabi-style cabbage!

I bought a couple of heads of cabbage from the farmers' market, sliced thin, then added some extra veggies and tons of delicious spices. (Sorry, I can't add the details because I'm testing a recipe in its pre-printed form, but I can't wait for this cookbook to come out!)

The Crock Pot was pretty full, and it took about a half hour before I was even able to get the lid on. But I knew it would cook down.


Needless to say, being a cabbage dish, it cooked down in an hour or so, and I was finally able to stir in the spices and distribute the veggies.


I served this with cucumber, red onion, and the black chickpea curry.


It was really good. This tasted just like the cabbage curry at the buffet at India House restaurant in Buffalo Grove. I mixed the red onion in with the chickpeas, but the flavor of the cabbage was really delicate, so I ate it separately, without red onion.

Jai ho!

No comments: