Friday, February 10, 2012

Chicken caesar sandwiches

I have been in a bit of a rut lately, but I was feeling better after meeting Gayle Gand the other night at the Palatine Library.  I was inspired to take out my Barefoot Contessa cookbooks (all seven of them!) and flip through for recipes I've never made but always wanted to.  Today was Caesar club sandwiches from Barefoot Contessa at Home.


There are a few steps and some assembly required, but this is something you could make in advance.  You split some ciabatta and lather each side with a homemade Caesar dressing.  Yes, I even included anchovies!  (The recipe is included in the link above and involves mayo, garlic, anchovies, parsley, Dijon mustard, and lemon juice.  I used my food processor.)


Then you add the lettuce, then the sun-dried tomatoes, then the cooked chicken, then the pancetta.  I didn't use a long ciabatta loaf like Ina recommends, simply because I didn't have time to go to Whole Foods.  I used these little ciabatta guys from my local produce market.




These were delicious!  I still have some leftover items and could probably make a couple more sandwiches sometime this weekend for dinner.  Mmm!

No comments: