Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Chocolate malt cupcakes

A coworker helped me with a big project last week - AND I realized I hadn't baked for Dave's office for a while - so I made chocolate malt cupcakes from Martha Stewart's Cupcakes.


They are tasty little cupcakes that I've been curious about for a while, except I didn't know what malt powder was or where to find it.  I have since purchased chocolate malt powder for a different baking project, so I happened to have it on hand.  The cupcakes were regular chocolate cakes (with the addition of the milk powder), with fluffy vanilla frosting (a.k.a. butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla) and chocolate sprinkles on top.

I was thinking the cupcake I ate for breakfast this morning (yes, you heard me) would taste more like a chocolate malt shake while I was eating it, but it turns out that it's the aftertaste that gives you that chocolate malt reminiscence.  They are good, but I wonder what they would taste like with chocolate frosting... 

No comments: