Saturday, March 30, 2013

Coffee Cake in a Cup

I discovered this article yesterday that details all the wonderful things you can make with no tools but a coffee cup and a microwave.  I saved the article and I fully intend to cook my way through the list.  First up was coffee cake in a cup - although this is a recipe that is not in the list, although I did find it while sifting through the other recipes.

First you mix together the butter, sugar, and egg (one egg split between two mugs), then you add in sour cream (I used Greek yogurt), vanilla, flour, and baking powder.  It's actually just a tiny little white cake.



Then you mix the streusel topping: more butter, more flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon.



Then you microwave it for a little over a minute.  Keep adding seconds until the cake is cooked, i.e., there is no more runny egg in the batter.


This is the first "mug cake" I have ever made, and I have to say, it was delicious.  Dave and I each had one, and I wanted more.  In fact, I will be thinking about this all morning.  I can't wait to keep cooking my way through the list!

No comments: