Sunday, July 24, 2011

Green bean curry

How I have waited for this day!

I got this recipe from a super secret source, and I can't even tell you the spices that are in it. However, I can tell you that it smelled amazing. Let me just say that my local Indian grocery store is not surprised anymore when this girl shows up!

You cook some of the spices in oil, then cook the green beans, onions, and more spices with a little water. Just stir and heat, it was one of the easiest curries ever.


This is going to be included in an upcoming cookbook by a really amazing lady, but I agreed to test it out on a hush hush basis.

I served the green beans with another of my favorite curries, black chickpea curry from The Indian Slow Cooker cookbook. Add some brown rice and a mixed cucumber & onion salad, and you've got a tasty little meal!


So fantastic! I'm not sure if I can do green beans any other way now.

In other news, a trip to Tennessee this weekend has made me want to break out the barbecue chops again. Stay tuned.

No comments: